The World Is My Playground

Sunday, April 22, 2007

3 Months on the Road

Saturday, April 21, 2007
Approaching 3 months... Current mood: optimistic Category: Parties and Nightlife
We made it to California today. I can't believe I have been on this trip for almost 3 months and I still have money :) We spent a couple of nights in New Mexico, a couple of nights in Arizona with my high school pal, and, sadly, a couple of nights in Las Vegas :) I think we are both just ready to be home at this point. We had a fun mud-bogging trip in New Mexico. We decided to visit what was labeled a "ghost town" on the map. It had snowed and it was warm and the road to the town was dirt... or rather mud due to the melting snow. We were going along fine until Jody stopped the car so we could talk to some cows standing along the road. They were cute, very friendly, but didn't speak English unfortunately. Once we started back up the road was pulling us all over and Jo was cranking the wheel while we basically slid sideways down the road. He cranked the wheel right and left but to no avail. We REALLY thought we were going to bite it. Many times in fact. Once we were going we didn't want to stop again for fear we would sink. Suddenly Jo noticed something coming down the one-lane mud trail; it looked as if it had pulled out of a driveway... so as we were freaking out wondering what we would do we noticed it bobbing up and down... "is it a horse?" I asked... a minute later we had our answer as a young cow came bounding down the road directly at us. It was hilarious. We honked the horn before it barreled into us and it stopped but that didn't help much. So Jo honked again and it took off into the brush. It was rather amusing.
After spending a couple of days with my friend Joel I think I have decided to head home, gather some goods and head back to Sedona for the summer. He lives in a house with 2 couples, one of which owns the house and they were all very welcoming and chill. They have a rather pleasant communal living arrangement or at least it appears pleasant from a spectators perspective. In any case, Sedona is beautiful. Being there made me feel a bit like I felt on Pollap; it was odd. I don't know if it was Sedona or the people I was with; but life just seemed slow and less serious there. Things that should be irrelavant really felt irrelevant while I was there. So, changed plans again, no surprise there.
Now I am scrambling to see my pals and get Jody home before he kills someone :) He is ready to be home I think. I think I am ready for home for a few days too. Ready to be settled for a spell. Sadly, I missed some PC friends in Texas and I missed some friends of a friend too due to my poor poor planning. We just up and go a lot. I am thankful for those I have been able to connect with though... it's been a grand ride and the best may be yet to come! I love the PACIFIC!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Valerie Perez said...

Ah, the Pacific. I love it too. Not as blue or warm on the West Coast as it is in Micronesia, but still a great body of water.

Cows are stupid. Speaking of stupid, if you get down to Santa Cruz, I know a sea captain...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home